Flavor Flav was released on $23,000 after he was arrested for assault with a deadly weapon and domestic violence battery.
Flavor Flav has been released from prison followingcharges of domestic violence battery and assault with a deadly weapon.
According to Reuters, the Public Enemy rapper was released on $23,000 bail and is set to appear in court in Las Vegas, Nevada next week. While initial reports were unclear as to what transpired in his home, Flav threatened his fiancee’s teenage son with a knife and battered the fiancee.
"The caller advised she had been involved in a physical altercation with her fiancé who was identified as William Drayton," said the police report.
Flav faces up to six years in prison if convicted of assault with a deadly weapon, and up to six months if found guilty of domestic violence battery.
Young Buck will be formally sentenced on July 13th.
Young Buck is scheduled to head to prison in two months.
During a vlog, the former G-Unit rapper said that he’s heading back to the clink to serve a bid for an unspecified amount of time. He didn’t explain the reason for his pending incarceration.
“I got to go to the penitentiary for two months. Fuck with me for real, hold me down,” he said. “And when I get out of the penitentiary, all you rap niggas better get the fuck out the way. I ain’t even gonna say no names, but it’s a good thing I’m about to go to the penitentiary.”
Watch the clip below (via HHNM).
UPDATE: Young Buck will serve 18 months behind bars for gun possession, stemming from an I.R.S. raid on his home in 2010. He agreed to plead guilty to possessing firearms and ammunition as a convicted felon. A judge has signed off on the plea deal, but will not formally sentence him until July 13th.
UPDATE: Gooch is reportedly a free man after serving just 38 days of his six-month sentence.
Gucci Mane is set to serve six months in prison and pay a $3,000 fine as well as restitution to a victim after pleading guilty to battery in an Atlanta, Georgia courtroom earlier today.
The sentence stems from an incident where the southern rapper threw a woman out of the moving car in January 2011 after she rejected a $150 proposition to check-in at a nearby motel.
Gucci’s lawyer originally stated that his client planned on pleading not guilty on all charges. Upon serving his time, he will have to attend and complete 12 weeks of anger management classes; is forbidden to contact the victim; and has to pay $5,090.54 in restitution for her medical bills.
RAPPER RADRIC DAVIS AKA ‘GUCCI MANE’ PLEADS GUILTY 2 BATTERY Will serve six months in jail, pay a $3k fine, as well as restitution victimless than a minute ago via web Favorite Retweet ReplyCBS Atlanta News
UPDATE: After serving a little more than a month of his six-month sentence, Gucci Mane is reportedly a free man. According to Waka Flocka Flame, Gooch is back on the streets after just 38 days behind bars.
HipHopDX will keep you updated.
UPDATE: The “Raise Up” rapper was sentenced for an incident from last year where he attempted to get a stolen firearm through airport security.
North Carolina rapper Petey Pablo may soon face up to 10 years in prison now that he has pleaded guilty to a weapons possession charge stemming from an incident last year.
According to the Associated Press, Petey Pablo appeared in court on Wednesday, March 16 to enter into a plea agreement with prosecutors. While the rapper plead guilty to possession of a stolen firearm two other charges were dropped by prosecutors.
Petey Pablo is scheduled to appear in court in June to face sentencing for the charge.
On September 11, 2010 Petey Pablo was arrested in the Raleigh Durham Airport after airport security found a pistol in his carry-on luggage. The rapper was headed to the 2010 MTV Video Music Awards upon being arrested.
Petey Pablo currently works under his own label titled Carolina Music Group. His last studio album, Still Writing In My Diary: 2nd Entry, was released in 2004. It is unclear if or when a third studio album will be released from the rapper.
UPDATE: Petey Pablo has been sentenced to almost three years in federal prison after pleading guilty to possessing a stolen firearm.
According to The Sacremento Bee, the rapper, whose real name is Moses Barrett, will spend 35 months behind bars following a hearing in the U.S. District Court in New Bern, North Carolina earlier today.
He was arrested last year after attempting to smuggle a firearm past security at Raleigh-Durham International Airport for a flight to Los Angeles, California. The gun had been stolen back in 2005.
Last week, HipHopDX spoke with Pablo about his impending prison sentence. “I mean, I always feel confident. In the end, the truth always comes to the light,” he said. “And, regardless of what the outcome is, I’m a man. And whatever has been written in my book of life is written in my book of life. So whatever the outcome of any situation is, I have no choice but to handle it.”
UPDATE: Tip has been released from prison and will serve the rest of his sentence in a halfway house.
According to TMZ, prison officials believed he had people from his reality show on his luxury bus that transported him from jail to his halfway house. Documents state that Tip was only allowed to travel with his wife and was not permitted to conduct business on the bus.
Officials claim that two VH1 producers and his manager were on the bus discussing business. Despite the producers and manager submitting letters stating the opposite, the prison did not believe them.
Tip is currently scheduled for release from prison on September 29th.
UPDATE: According to TMZ, T.I. was just released from prison to serve the rest of his sentence in his halfway house.
"We have good reason to believe that this favorable result was reached because of the proactive and assertive approach taken to protect T.I.’s rights by providing B.O.P officials and the media with reliable and accurate information and that T.I. did not intend to violate his transfer furlough or any other B.O.P rules en route from the prison facility in Arkansas to the halfway house in Atlanta," said his lawyer, Steve Sadow.
Tip will complete his sentence on September 29th, and will remain under supervised probation for one year.
Tip will remain incarcerated until his initial release date.
Only a day after his release from Federal Correctional Center in Forrest City, Arkansas to a halfway house in Atlanta, Georgia, T.I. has been removed to a “different facility” because prison officials objected to his using a tour bus to move between locations. He is now in federal custody.
According to CNN.com, Tip had agreed to provide his own transportation from the prison to his halfway home, but now federal prison officials are reviewing how got there - by tour bus.
A U.S. Bureau of Prison spokeswoman said she could not yet disclose where T.I. was transferred.
UPDATE #2: According to AP, T.I. will remain incarcerated until September 29th, when he was initially supposed to be released from jail.
"The Federal Bureau of Prisons (BOP) appears to have an issue with the circumstances surrounding TI’s transportation from Arkansas to Atlanta," said Steve Sadow, Tip’s attorney. "T.I. got on a private bus in the prison’s parking area in full view of BOP employees. Indeed, he was actually escorted to the bus by a prison guard."