Good news for Lil Wayne — the rapper has finally been moved out of the Intensive Care Unit at Cedars-Sinai hospital in Los Angeles after doctors determined his condition has stabilized … TMZ has learned.
Sources close to the rapper tell us … Wayne has been moved into a “regular room” at the hospital and no longer needs intense, round-the-clock treatment after a suspected codeine overdose last week.
We broke the story … doctors pumped Wayne’s stomach at least 3 times after the rapper began experiencing severe and violent seizures. He had been in the ICU since Wednesday.
Now, we’re told the 30-year-old has been walking around the hospital floor on his own — accompanied by a team of bodyguards.
We’re told he’s also eating on his own … and could even be discharged from the hospital in the near future.
Read more: http://www.tmz.com/2013/03/18/lil-wayne-hospital-stable-condition-seizures-icu-eating-codeine/#ixzz2O0UC8FcQ
Visit the TMZ Store: http://tmzstore.com
Game’s manager says he’s been working on a reuniting Game with his former G-Unit partners.
Despite rumors of a possible reunion, it’s been nearly a decade since fans last saw 50 Cent and Game share a mic together. Now, in a recent interview with the Wall Street Journal via HipHop-N-More, Game’s manager says that he working to get the G-Unit team back together.
Dontay “Taydoe” Kidd revealed to Lee Hawkins that he has been working with Game and 50 Cent in an attempt to reunite the Compton emcee with his former G-Unit partners. Kidd said that while nothing is finalized yet, he believes that Game and Fif see the business sense in agreeing to a reunion.
"I can’t say it’ll happen, I can’t it won’t happen; however, from a business perspective, I’m gonna attempt to make [a reunion] happen," Kidd said. "I think it’ll be a wise business move on both parts…I’m thinking about tours, I’m thinking about merchandise, I’m thinking about all these other things that [are] lacking in the industry, and this is the perfect timing for that…I can’t really speak for 50, but I think they’re both open; it’s just a matter of approaching it in the right way. 50 understands that he needs Game to make a G-Unit push. Game understands that if it’s gonna be a push, he needs to be involved and 50 needs to be involved…they both are business savvy. We know that 50’s a business man, we know that Game’s a business man. They understand that. So now, it’s only their internal egos that would stop that from happening."
Check out the full interview below.
Chief Keef was incarcerated after a judge found him in violation of his probation.
Chief Keef was jailed earlier today after a judge found that he had violated his probation stemming from a 2011 incident where he pulled a gun on policemen.
According to Chicago Sun Times, the 17-year-old rapper, whose real name is Keith Cozart, went to Cook County juvenile court where Judge Carl Anthony Walker found him showing a “willful disregard” for the court. He will be held until Thursday when he will be sentenced.
The incarceration marks a victory for prosecutors who said that he violated his 18-month probation after conducting an interview at a gun range in New York last June. The incident went against judge’s orders that he cannot have contact with firearms.
Keef most recently released his debut album Finally Rich, which debuted at No. 27 with 50,000 copies sold.
The 19-year-old Ulysses “Chris” Gissendanner III was killed on January 2nd.
Chief Keef’s 19-year-old stepbrother Ulysses “Chris” Gissendanner III has become yet another victim of Chicago, Illinois’ shooting epidemic.
According to DNA Info (via SOHH), Gissendanner was shot in the back of the head on the Far South Side on January 2nd. The aspiring rapper was killed in a car near 124th Street and South Ave. while visiting his uncle in West Pullman. He later died at Roseland Hospital.
Alfonso Cozart, who claims to be Keef’s biological father, was stepfather to Gissendanner, whose rap name was YPN Boomtown. Keef was related to Gissendanner through marriage.
Cozart, who no longer speaks with Chief Keef, said that Gissendanner’s murder makes him worry about Keef’s well being. “As a caring father, who wouldn’t worry about that?” Cozart asked. “I do want my son to have success and have a long, positive life, and I hope the best for him.”
He added that he doesn’t want Keef’s fame to overshadow Gissendanner’s passing. “He just graduated high school, and was in college and had a job. He was a positive person,” Cozart said. “I’m not trying to get publicity of Chief Keef being my son. I want you to focus on Ulysses. He’s the one that’s gone.”
Justin Bieber’s fanbase, aka his Beliebers, are notorious for their rabid devotion to all things Biebs. While this is great for Bieber’s record and merch sales, it can lead to tragedy, as is the case here.
Internet message board 4Chan’s infamous “/b” board is to blame. They began posting up pics of people cutting themselves and claimed they were doing it so Bieber would stop smoking weed. So while the origins of the trend are fake, the results are very real.
Hashtags such as #cuttingforbieber and #cutting4bieber started trending on Twitter, with many people from Justin’s predominantly pre-teen female fanbase posting up pics of themselves with cuts to their arms.
Let’s hope this trend ends quickly and that nobody is seriously hurt.
4Chan is also responsible for the hoax last year which spread claiming Justin Bieber had cancer, and that fans should shave their heads to show support.
Meek takes to Twitter to address Cassidy’s lengthy response to “Repo.”
Last night, Cassidy released a response to Meek Mill’s "Repo." It’s a 10-minute, beat-shifting symphony of punch lines titled "R.A.I.D." or “Robert Ass Is Dead.” Cass takes the Scarface route and likens his rival to a cockroach that needs to be exterminated. He not only addresses Meek but takes a few shots at Rick Rossand the MMG camp in general.
Shortly after the track dropped, Meek unsurprisingly took to Twitter to make light of the situation. Will he respond in rhyme? Only time will tell.
Read the tweets below:
Justin Bieber kicked off the new year on a real high note — clutching a smoldering blunt at a big party inside a Newport Beach hotel room this week … and TMZ has the photos.
The pics were snapped on January 2nd — the day after a paparazzo was killed while trying to take photos of Bieber’s Ferrari — and it’s pretty obvious … Bieber wasn’t feeling too bad about the whole situation.
Sources at the party tell TMZ, Bieber’s BFF Lil Twist was there too — the 19-year-old rapper who was driving the Biebs’ Ferrari at the time the paparazzo was killed.
According to sources, Twist and his brother were rolling all the blunts and smoking everyone up … and there was a LOT of pot smoke.
It’s pretty ironic — considering sources close to Bieber were insistent … the photog who was killed lied when he said Justin was smoking weed hours before the fatal accident.
And there’s this — we’re told Bieber had security present … but no one seemed to mind that people were snapping photos.
As for talking points — sources tell us Bieber was chatting it up about how tired he was because he’d been staying up late recently. Shockingly, we’re told the conversation eventually turned to late night fast food … and where they could get it.
We’re told a girl also crashed in the hotel room with Justin — NOT Selena. It’s unclear if they hooked up.
Bieber’s people had no comment.
Read more: http://www.tmz.com/2013/01/04/justin-bieber-marijuana-pot-blunt-smoking-picture-photo/#ixzz2HEB8K2Vn
Kanye West, No I.D., and J. Cole “blown away” by “Hall Of Fame,” according to Big Sean.
Big Sean’s sophomore album, Hall Of Fame, may not hit shelves until 2013, but according to the Detroit wordsmith the album has already received praise from a number of industry heavy’s including J. Cole, No I.D., and Kanye West.
While speaking with MTV News, the G.O.O.D. Music rapper revealed that thus far the artists and publications he’s played the album for have “been blown away” by it.
“Everybody I’ve been playing it for has been shocked. From rappers, from ‘Ye. I played it for Cole to No I.D. Billboard magazine and all these different people and everybody’s just been blown away,” Big Sean revealed. “So you know I’m not trying to hype it up or talk it up, but it’s obviously the best work I’ve done and I’m excited about it.”
In the months leading up to the release of Hall Of Fame, Big Sean has gone on to release a handful of inspirational video blogs that touch on how he’s gotten to where he’s at in his career and what he plans on doing to further his position in music.
He also shared that he hopes the video blogs help and encourage fans to be successful in their own lives.
“The album Hall Of Fame you can just expect a roller coaster, just so many different feelings man. I’ve been doing video blogs lately, giving people inspiration and incite on my life about how I got to where I’m at and how I’m getting to where I’m going,” said Big Sean. “I title them ‘Imagination,’ ‘Fear,’ ‘Reality’ and just talk about different aspects. So hopefully they can take what I learned, put that in their own life, and be happy and successful themselves…I feel like we all deserve to be rich.”
Get More: Music News
Lil Wayne sends heartfelt message to those affected by Sandy Hook Elementary shooting.
By now, Lil Wayne has made it clear that he is a great fan of sports. The emcee has had his own show online, he’s appeared on several sports shows in the past and he attends games regularly. But in a recent interview with another sports show, Jim Rome On Showtime, he took the time to talk about more than just sports. While most of the interview was centered around it, perhaps his most heartfelt message came at the end of the interview. During this moment, Wayne expressed regret for his past with weapons and respect to those who suffered from tragedy in the recent Connecticut shooting, showing that he had much more on his mind than just sports & Rap.
When discussing his time in prison, Lil Wayne thanked those who supported him. In particular, he thanked Brett Favre.
"At the moment, it meant more than a lot. At that moment, you’re looking for help from anywhere," he explained. "You’re looking for support from anywhere possible so to hear Brett Favre say he’s praying for me everynight, that put a smile on my face for a long time. And to smile in that place is almost impossible."
He also discussed his displeasure with current NFL rules, gave compliments to some athletes who rap and more.
However, his most most heartfelt moment came at the end of the interview. During this time, Wayne took a moment to provide a message for Sandy Hook Elementary, the school most affected by the Connecticut shooting.
"Before I leave, I want to say you mentioned that in 2010, I was locked up for a weapon. If there was anything I could do in my life that I could ever change, it’d be that. Sandy Hook Elementary, my heart goes out to you," he said showing that Sandy Hook Elementary was written on his shirt.
More from the interview can be seen below.
Wiz Khalifa talks about his plans for a second child after learning he’ll have a boy and also takes time to explain where the name Wiz Khalifa came from.
With a baby boy on the way, Wiz Khalifa has some major plans. While he’s excited for his new son, he also spoke with Funkmaster Flex about the idea of having a second child. He also took some time to discuss the origin of his Rap name.
"It’s a boy," he shared during the interview.
The topic then transitioned into the idea of having a second child, which he seemed on board with.
"Yeah, he’s gotta have a buddy, right? Can’t be trying to take up all my time [laughing]."
Khalifa also shared information about the origin of his Rap name, saying he got it from his grandfather.
"My grandad is Muslim. So the Khalifa means successor, leader, shining light. At a young age, he kinda seen that in me. He gave me that name," Wiz explained. "The Wiz part comes from being wise beyond my years."
Khalifa’s latest project, O.N.I.F.C., is out today, December 4.